Monday, June 21, 2010

I am getting my make-up done for prom at Estee Lauder. Would Clinique look better or not?

I don't want dark eyeshadow or dramatic blush. I want my make-up to be classic, but noticeable and to stay on throughout the dance. I am having second thoughts and am wondering if Clinique would be a better choice...I am getting my make-up done for prom at Estee Lauder. Would Clinique look better or not?
I think it has more to do with the makeup artist, then it does with the actual products. With that being said though, I do prefer Estee Lauder cosmetics over Cliniques because they seem to be more long-lasting, especially for something like a prom, which might be during hot weather, perspiration during dancing, hot lights, etc. Actually I prefer MAC cosmetics over all of them, for their long-lasting capability under the most ';stressful'; conditions. And yes, you can actually get non-dramatic looks using MAC products too. But if MAC is not your thing, I'd pick Estee Lauder next.I am getting my make-up done for prom at Estee Lauder. Would Clinique look better or not?
No, Clinique would not be a better choice. Estee Lauder is more expensive, but the majority of their products are wonderful (and I think they smell really good, too...) Just explain it to the make-up artist as you did in your question above. I'm not saying Clinique is a bad line, they have a lot of good products, but Estee Lauder's foundations are better, so are their lipsticks (in my opinion). Of course, it can be different for everybody, but I don't want you to identify Estee Lauder as a brand for older women, it can work for everyone. Be clear with what you want, and everything will be fine.
I was a makeup artists for several lines so as an artist I suggest that whichever cosmetic line you choose all you have to do is tell the artist what you want and if they don't get it right ask them to redo it, or ask them to start off really light as it's easier to go darker than lighter . Lauder does have the best long wear foundation. As long as you communicate what you want and they understand what you want, the brand wont matter.


Good luck!
It really goes to who is doing your make-up. The individual make-up artist will have the impact on how it looks.





Also, have you used the Estee Lauder make up? It is one brand that I'm allergic to. I would have a test done before hand to see how you react and how you like the work of the individual artist.
It completely depends on the person applying it, not the brand. Make sure you book an appt with someone whose makeup you like the look of. If they are wearing heavy makeup, or their foundation doesn't match ... find another person! Have a great time :)
Estee Lauder is much better. Just explain to the beauty advisor what kind of look you are interested in.


Also, you should get a lipgloss or something while you are there. They work on commission and are there to sell not just do make up.
estee lauder will be better. clinique will go a little crazier. estee lauder is more classic. i had them do my makeup last year. i'm sure u will look beautiful!
i dont think what u get it done iwth will make a big differance, its who deos it( how good they are) and what you get done... wat look youre going for
i use estee lauder make up and it is great it stays on all day. I used clinique in the past and didnt find it that good
clinique is definately not long wearing if that's what you mean


it just like rubs off but i still use it

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credot siosse