Thursday, December 10, 2009

Is it really worth it to spend the extra money on mac or clinique makeup?

I use neutrogena foundation, maybelline loose powder, Jane blush, avon eyeliner, jane eyeshadow, avon lipliner, and any lipstick that has a good color and doesn't feel slimy or dry on my lips. I don't have anything clogging my pores and it looks good and stays on for the most part of the day, which for me is 10 hours at work. But my sister says that it doesn't matter how good the cheap stuff is, the expensive stuff is always better. And I do have sensitive skin but it really seems like just the bristles from by brushes, which ARE high end, is what's doing most of the irritation. So, does it really matter?Is it really worth it to spend the extra money on mac or clinique makeup?
I seriously do not think so, if your make-up does what you need it to do and most importantly stays on for 10 hours which is great, then you should not have to use the pricey stuff. Girl, if you can save money and look great if is good stuff!!Is it really worth it to spend the extra money on mac or clinique makeup?
I recommend for eye-shadow, $10 shadow from Kohls, for lip-gloss, Rimmel London from drug-stores. You don't need super-fancy stuff--but I like sephora.com which tends to be a little pricier.
no it dosent matter some brands are just rite for smoe ppl and not for others
If it works for your skin, then I don't see any reason to switch to name brands....I use a combo of Maybelline, Estee Lauder, and Clinique, and Almay....





If you want to switch to the expensive stuff, try going to the counters at a mall and ask for samples, like foundation. If you like it, you can buy it, or go on Ebay...they sell it less than department stores
It really depends on what you want and like. Foundation is really the most key thing. And you never can tell if a more expensive one is the one for you. I have used expensive and not expensive, and I have complimented women on their pretty skin only to find out they are wearing Cover Girl. I am using Loreal foundation. I had a terrible reaction to Elizabeth Arden.





Having used both expensive and inexpensive, I truly do not notice a lot of difference. Now SKINCARE is a different deal. I DO use expensive skincare because for me cheap cleanser and moisturizer make my skin look like hell - dry, flaking and irritated.
okhonestly I use mac all the time. But it is considered to be the worst for your skin at least that is the foundation and compant because it gives you the best coverage but it clogs your pores really bad. I honestly dont care because I clean my face all the time and get frequent facials. But if you are looking for something that is not working for you let me know I can help. ok mac eye shadows are $15 a peice and they work antastic, but there is a brand of eye shadow called NYC they are only $3 a peice and it is the same thing as mac you can find them in little chinese stores.
for skin makeup, it is, and mascara.


but lip glosses, it doesn't make a huge difference.
It doesn't matter which one you use. If the cheap stuff is already working, what could the expensive stuff do that is so much better? She just wants to justify her spending ridiculous amounts of money on those other brands.
I don't think it matters. If you are washing and cleaning your face daily - that's what is really important. But - I'll say - I went YEARS using the brands sold in the drug store - and when I switched over to MAC - the difference was huge. Their foundation stays on forever - and goes on SOOOO smooth. The lipstick doesn't fade and stays on really well. The blush is awesome - and the choice of colors is HUGE. And actually - I don't care much for their mascara - but the rest of the products are above and beyond maybelline or revlon or any of those.





Still - if you're happy doing what you're doing - just do it. Everybody has different priorities for different things. I refuse to drive expensive fancy cars. My friends think I'm a wacko for driving a 1990 Honda Civic - but it's a great car - and I bought it from my mechanic - and I love it. Why would I waste money on a Lexus or a BMW or some status symbol crap that just isn't important to me? As long as you're happy with what you're doing - just do it!!
I'm like you when it comes to powders %26amp; foundations. I stay with the drug store stuff because it's cheap and I tend to fly through it so quick. But I also love Mac for their eye shadows and blush. I find they stay on longer and have such awesome colors. Their brushes tend to last longer and feel better on my face.





So, in a word, no I don't think it matters.
No you dont NEED to spend the extra money but rememebr you get what you pay for. You say you use nuetrogena foundation. Try a little bit of say Chanel or even Mac is cheaper thats what I use its very expensive but I find myself having to only touch up once a day if that as compared to 3 or 4 with cheap stuff. In my opinion Mac isnt expensive its just your taste I guess. Your skin type also matters. If you have bad skin more expensive stuff will have the elements to hide the imperfections that you do have. If what you have is working for you then dont switch ya know???
Honestly, it doesn't really matter all that much. I have worked in high-end cosmetics for years and still have some maybelline/revlon/store brand items in my makeup bag. I'd tell you that you're better off to spend your $$ on high-end skincare and stick to the cosmetics that you like. If you are trying to do more dramatic or photo-quality (for a wedding or portraits) makeup, you'll get better wear and pigment quality out of higher-end, prestige brands, but for work or everyday, if your skin is in good shape and you like the wear/feel of the items you're currently using, stick with them.
i was a model in HS and the makeup artist I worked with said it was a total waste, I had all the clinique stuff and it made my skin WORSE! I like bare escentuals, its not as expensive, and its all natural so my skin feels fresh and clean even with it on!





and tell your sister she's wrong! : )





The expensive stuff is a waste of money!


take my word for it!
If you are happy, you are happy.


Make-up can only do so much, and for me I would much rather spend my money on a good book than a 20 dollar case of powder. Plus, as long as the tones match your skin color, people don't really notice.
yeh the high end stuff is better!
as a make-up artist, ill say:


i think its worth it to pay the extra money for high end brushes.





but when it comes to spending tons of money on lipsticks, eyeshadows, pencils... i dont think its worth it.





spend your most money on a good foundation for your skin type, because most cheap brands (loreal, mabelline, covergirl, etc.) dont have spf, moisturizers, etc. a few other products worth the price are primers because you can take your cheap make-ups eye and lip color to a whole nother level! you dont have to reapply liek crazy either. its ALL DAY wear.





good luck.
Natural hair brushes will cause skin irritations if your skin is sensitive. Use synthetic brushes and to avoid irritations. As far as makeup goes you get what you pay for. I am allergic to a lot of different types of make ups. I found Bare Minerals/Escentuals and have not had any issues with my skin. Good Luck :)
If you have perfect skin then stick to what you are using. I like the more expensive brands though. They make better mascaras and foundations and lipsticks.
You do get what you pay for generally but the high street brands are really upping their quality to compete with the more expensive brands so you can still look great on a budget. As a make up artist myself I say make sure you use good cleansers/toners/moisturisers etc and invest in good quality brushes as this does make a huge difference x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credot siosse